Nigerian Customs Service Salary Scale and Structure for 2022
Nigerian Customs Service Salary Scale and Structure for 2022: On This page, I will explain how the Nigerian Customs Service (NCS) pays its workers in Nigeria. Read carefully.
The Nigerian Customs Service ranks and salary have been much of debate for some time. Although, the new salary scale of Nigerian customs officers has increased some years ago along side the salaries for public servants by the Federal Government of Nigeria in 2007.
However, the new salary structure for Para-military personnel is known as the merged Para-military Salary Structure (CONPASS).
However, this personnel oversees the increase in basic salary and allowances for Nigerian customs officers and all Para-military organizations.
Hence, this is different from the Nigerian army salary, airforce, and the Navy.
Nigeria Custom Service Salary Structure
1). The average salary of Nigerian customs service workers – is N900,000 annually (N75,000 monthly).
2). However, the Controller-General of Customs receives the highest salary, seconded by the Deputy Controller Generals and Assistant Controller Generals.
3). Customs Inspector’s Salary is N40,779 per month (it is possible to earn an extra N4,000 as a rent subsidy if the Nigerian government does not provide it).
4). They stated that salary grade level 07 is automatically moved to salary grade level 08, so this means that Nigerian customs officers’ salaries are growing.
Salary Scales for some Job Positions
The Salaries of some job positions in the Nigerian Customs Service are as follows below;
1) Customs Assistant – ₦298,506 – ₦330,321
2) Assistant Inspector of Custom – ₦357,358 – ₦411,484
3) Inspector of Custom – ₦483,014 – ₦567,065
4) Assistant Superintendent of Customs II – ₦888,956 – ₦988991
5) Assistant Superintendent of Customs I – ₦1,012,562 – ₦1,143,539
6) Deputy Superintendent Customs (DSC) Officer – ₦1,094,027 – ₦1,252,038
7) Chief Superintendent Customs (CSC) Officer – ₦1,158,172 – ₦1,325,234
8) Assistant Comptrollers – ₦1,225,584 – ₦1,405,449
9) Deputy Comptrollers – ₦1,619,447 – ₦1,825,589
10) Comptrollers – ₦1,759,829 – ₦1,966,281
11) Assistant Comptroller-General – ₦2,272,288 – ₦2,464,560
- How to Apply for Nigerian Custom Recruitment
- How to Apply for Nigerian Custom Service (NCS) Recruitment Online for 2021
- Check Federal Civil Service Salary Scale Here
Check Nigerian Customs Service Allowance
However, not all members of staff in the service can benefit from the allowances of Nigerian customs.
Meanwhile, some of these allowances are given to a specific staff of the Nigerian customs services because of the tasks and duties which attract these extra allowances.
Therefore, they saw others as general allowances they entitle all officers to.
However, many are attracted to the job, not by the salary itself but by the extra bonuses paid to the Customs officers.
You need to know that if you work as a Nigeria custom service employee. Also, you will get your basic allowance, but apart from this, you can get extra allowances. Keep reading to learn more about this.
Among the extra allowances provided for customs officers are the following:
4. House Maintenance;
5. Meal Subsidy;
9. General Services;
Thus, the rent allowance isn’t usually given because a majority of Nigerian customs service officers live in dwellings that the government has provided.
So, if this is not the case, the government seeks accommodation for every Nigerian customs service officer.
Note This: The highest Nigerian custom rank, which is the Comptroller-General of Customs is the highest paid in the customs service followed by the Deputy Comptroller Generals, the Assistant Comptroller Generals, in that order.
FAQ About Nigeria Customs Service
Below are FAQs about the Nigerian customs service in Nigeria. Please, kindly examine the answers.
1. How much is the Nigerian customs salary?
The average salary of Nigerian customs service workers – is N900,000 annually (N75,000 monthly)
Therefore, the highest salary is received by the Controller-General of Customs. the second-highest goes to the Deputy Controller Generals and Assistant Controller Generals.
2. How much is the salary of a level 8 custom officer in Nigeria?
Nigerian Customs Salary Structure
S\No. Ranks Annual Basic Salaries 5 Assistant Superintendent of Customs I ₦1,012,562 – ₦1,143,539 6 Deputy Superintendent Customs (DSC) Officer ₦1,094,027 – ₦1,252,038 7 Chief Superintendent Customs (CSC) Officer ₦1,158,172 – ₦1,325,234 8 Assistant Comptrollers ₦1,225,584 – ₦1,405,449
3. What is the duty of the Nigeria Customs Service?
The functions of the Nigeria Customs Service include, but not limited to the following.
However, Collection of Revenue (Import /Excise Duties & other Taxes /Levies) and accounting for same. Anti-Smuggling activities. Security functions.
4. What are the ranks in Nigeria Customs Service?
Nigeria Custom Service Salary Structure
Customs Assistant – ₦298,506 – ₦330,321.
Right-hand Inspector of Custom – ₦357,358 – ₦411,484.
Examiner of Custom – ₦483,014 – ₦567,065.
Also, Right-hand Superintendent of Customs II – ₦888,956 – ₦988991.
Right-hand Superintendent of Customs I – ₦1,012,562 – ₦1,143,539.
5. What are the ranks in customer service?
Salary Structure of The Nigerian Customs Services
SNo. Ranks 4 Assistant Superintendent of Customs II 5 Assistant Superintendent of Customs I 6 Deputy Superintendent Customs (DSC) Officer 7 Chief Superintendent Customs (CSC) Officer
6. Is Nigeria custom a force?
However, in 1992, the Department of Customs and Excise was transferred back to the Federal Ministry of Finance.
In addition, its status as a para-military organisation was recognised. I have known it as Nigeria Customs Service.
More Frequently Asked Questions
7. How many departments are there in Nigerian Customs Service?
The Nigeria Customs Service is headed by the Comptroller-General and assisted by six (6) Deputy Comptrollers-Generals.
Also, heading the departments: Finance Administration and Technical Service. Tariff & Trade. Enforcement, Investigation, and Inspection.
8. Who is the head of Nigeria custom Service?
COL. HAMEED IBRAHIM ALI (RTD)
Hameed Ibrahim Ali (Rtd). He handles the overall management and direction of the Service.
He is equally the accounting officer of the service and the Vice Chairman of the Nigeria Customs Service Board, which is chaired by the Honourable Minister of Finance.
9. How many deputy comptrollers does Nigeria Customs Service have?
Customs gets 4 DCGs, 11 ACGs.
10. What is the lowest rank in Nigeria’s custom Service?
The lowest rank officer’s salary is usually about 40,000 per month. From what we wrote above, you can now see that the inspectors, which are the lowest ranks, have the lowest salary.
Meanwhile, the Director-General of Nigeria Customs Service, which is the highest rank, earns the highest salary.
11. How can I become a Customs officer in Nigeria?
Jobs Available in The Nigerian Customs Service
1. Also, fall under the age bracket of 18-30 years in order to apply for this cadre/ category.
2. You have to present your bachelors degree certificate or the HND equivalent from a valid higher institution in Nigeria.
3. You have to also possess an NYSC discharge certificate.
In conclusion, what’s your take on this? I urge you to use this same opportunity to share this information with others using our Facebook, and Twitter share buttons below.