If you are tired of always serving the same preparations to your guests during the aperitif, we have a very simple, but ultra delicious idea for you: mini calzones. This reduced version of one of the best-known Italian specialties will bring something new to your table. The simplicity of the preparation makes it the alternative ideal for an original aperitif when you are short on time. The great thing about this recipe is that you can vary it endlessly. Today, the culinary content creator known on TikTok as Thesshry offers us his way of preparing them, but for the garnish, let your imagination run wild!
A delicious and simple recipe to serve to your guests as an aperitif
When we entertain people at home, we want to please by cooking good things and sometimes, we would also like to impress our guests with original recipes who change their habits. All this of course, with as little effort as possible and within a limited time limit. A complex equation, but far from unrealizable! There are many delicious and simple recipes to serve to your guests as an aperitif. The mini calzones from food influencer Thesshry tick all these boxes. Ultra stringy, adaptable according to everyone’s tastes, easy to prepare and eatin short, it’s the ideal little bite to start the meal.
The list of ingredients for 12 pieces:
For the dough:
- 500 g of flour
- 2 sachets of baking powder
- 400 g of white cheese
- olive oil
For garnish :
- 4 slices of raw ham
- 4 slices of cooked ham
- 2 balls of mozzarella
- Tomato sauce in tube
The steps of the recipe:
- Start by preparing the dough by incorporating the flour, baking powder, salt, olive oil and cottage cheese in a large bowl. Mix and knead everything by hand until you obtain a homogeneous dough.
- Cut the ham slices and mozzarella into small pieces.
- Divide your dough into 12 small balls which you will flatten so that they form a circle of approximately 10 cm. When this is the case, spread some tomato sauce and place your garnish cut into small pieces. Close them by pinching the edges well.
- Place your mini calzones on a baking tray covered with parchment paper and brush them with a beaten egg.
- Bake them for 15 minutes at 180°C.
What can you top mini calzones with?
Calzones are like pizza, everyone is free to put whatever they want on them. Here, the cook has chosen to use mozzarella and ham, but treat yourself with the ingredients of your choice. Besides, you can take inspiration from Italian pizza recipes. Add a little tuna and capers like a tonno pizza. Fans of pizza capricciosa can add artichokes, black olives, ham and mushrooms. For a little extra spice, copy the Diavola pizza recipe and add pepperoni. In short, it’s up to you!
Read also :
⋙ Baguette gratinated with Comté: the gourmet recipe for an aperitif
⋙ Baba ganoush: tips for making this Lebanese eggplant spread for an aperitif
⋙ Laurent Mariotte’s sun tart: the easy recipe for an aperitif